Contact Human Resources

We're here to help. See below for health plan, retirement, and other benefits contacts, as well as where to go for name and address changes, employment verification, and more.

For All Benefits Questions

If you have a question about MIT's health and medical programs, flexible spending accounts, retirement, life insurance, tuition and education plans, enrollment or changes, life events, or work & life programs, find the contact info you need here.

Benefits contact information

Health Plans
If your question is about:Contact

Billing for services through MIT Traditional Health Plan

MIT Medical PCPs: See Patient Billing or call 617-258-5336.
Billing for services through the MIT Choice Plan
  • For MIT Medical PCPs, see Patient Billing.
  • For HMO Blue New England PCPs, call 1-800-882-1093.
Claims or referrals through the MIT Traditional PlanVisit MIT Medical Claims and Member Services, email, or call 617-253-5979.
Claims or referrals through the MIT Choice Plan
Selecting a primary care provider for both plans

For a list of MIT Medical providers, visit MIT Medical or call 617-253-5979.

To choose a PCP in the Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Blue New England network, log in to the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts website and use Find a Doctor to see doctors in your network.

For further assistance, contact the Blue Cross Blue Shield Member Service Center at 1-800-882-1093.

Proof of insurance / coverage letters

Email MIT Benefits below if you need to obtain proof of insurance or termination of coverage..

If your question is about:Contact
The MIT Pension Plan

Visit PensionConnect for information on the MIT Pension Plan (also known as the Basic Retirement Plan), or to request estimates and distributions. Or call the MIT Pension Service Center:

  • For callers in the U.S., Canada and Mexico: dial 855-464-8736 (855-4MITPEN) from 9am to 7pm EST.
  • For overseas callers (outside of U.S., Canada or Mexico): dial 858-703-3281 from 9am to 7pm EST.
The MIT Supplemental 401(k) Plan

Get information about your account at Fidelity NetBenefits.

Work and Life Programs
If your question is about:Contact
The MIT Center for WorkLife and WellBeing Seminar Series, educational support, child care and parenting support, elder care support, MIT MyLife Services employee assistance program, or general work-life support

Visit Work & Life or contact the MIT Center for WorkLife and WellBeing.

If your question is about:Contact
Life events (marriage, birth or adoption, spouse or partner job loss, etc.)Visit the Life Events website for the forms and information you'll need.
General benefits, including tuition assistance and all retiree benefits, on campusVisit the MIT Benefits website for details about tuition assistance, life and other insurance, time off and leaves, and more. Or fill out the contact form below or call 617-253-6151 or toll-free at (855) 253-6151.
General benefits, Lincoln LaboratoryEmail or call 781-981-7055.
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)MIT's FSAs are administered by HealthEquity (formerly WageWorks). On their site, you can choose to log in to either WageWorks or HealthEquity. If you have previously used a WageWorks account to log in, you can continue to log into WageWorks for now. If you are new to HealthEquity/WageWorks, please set up a new account under HealthEquity. See login help. If you need more help, email us below, or call 617-253-6151 or toll-free at (855) 253-6151.

Current employees may view their benefits enrollment in Atlas at any time:

 View My Benefits

Pandemic Response and MIT's Return to Campus

HR has up-to-date information to help MIT faculty, staff, and postdocs stay safe. Find specific resources on returning to campus, pay policies, working remotely, and community support.

For All Employment Questions

Employment, posting jobs, and open positions

Be sure you have read the Careers FAQ before getting in touch regarding MIT employment, as we are unable to respond to inquiries that are covered there. If your question is not covered in the FAQ, you may contact us below. 

For on-campus recruiting and student employment, please contact the MIT Careers Office.

Employment verification

If you are an MIT employee who is applying for a loan or credit card, signing a lease, undergoing a background check, or otherwise need proof of employment or income, your lender can contact CCC Verify, MIT's employment verifier directly. Learn more about employment verification.

For Other Inquiries

Address and name changes

If you are an active employee, make changes to your MIT address, home address, phone and e-mail address in the Personal Information page under About Me in Atlas. You may use the Name Change form for name changes only.

Former employees may change their information here.

If your name is misspelled in the system:

Please contact the HR/Payroll office at or by calling 617-253-4255.

If you need other help changing information in the MIT Directory, email the IS&T Service Desk.

Atlas, MIT IDs, and roles or permissions

Access to Atlas and MIT ID questions are managed by the IS&T Service Desk. Please contact them for assistance.

Employees with questions related to database roles and authorizations should contact

Payroll (timesheets, hours, direct deposit, W-2s)

Timesheets, hours, salary, general questions: Contact the HR/Payroll Service Center: or 617-253-4255.

W2s: The 2020 W-2 tax forms for active employees are now available in Atlas. Need help with your W-2? See VPF HR/Payroll for assistance.

Direct deposit: Enroll or change your direct deposit settings in Atlas.

Vacation tracking, sick leave, or time off

Vacation tracking: See our vacation tracking site or email

Employee leaves: See our Employee Leaves site.

For Everything Else

Find Your HRO

MIT's Human Resources Officers (HROs) consult with employees and managers on issues affecting work, job performance, annual reviews, training, hiring practices, leaves of absence, discipline, compensation, harassment or discrimination concerns, layoffs, reorganizations, and conflict resolution. Find your HRO and get in touch.

Staff Directory

See our staff directory and learn about our areas of service.

Call Us

HR: 617-253-4252


  • Campus: 617-253-6151
  • Lincoln Laboratory: 781-981-7055

Email Us

We're ready to help. Start by choosing your employment status with MIT below. 

I am a current MIT employee

We have an email form just for you. MIT Touchstone login is required. 


  • Employment verification is handled here.
  • W-2s, paychecks, or other payroll-related questions are handled through Payroll (see above).
  • Atlas or MIT Directory issues are handled through IS&T (see above).
  • See above for help with address changes
  • Contact your HRO directly for any issues affecting work, performance, reviews, training, hiring practices, leaves of absence, discipline, compensation, harassment or discrimination concerns, and so on. 

We receive an extremely high volume of requests and misdirected emails take longer to resolve, so we urge you to choose carefully.

 Send an email to Human Resources

I am not a current MIT employee (job applicants, retirees, etc)

Reach us using the email addresses below. 


  • We can't assist with W-2s. Contact Payroll at or 617-253-4255.
  • We can't assist with employment verification. That's handled here.
  • We can't assist with mailing address changes -- see above for help.

These are partial addresses to prevent spam. You must fill in the rest of the address yourself, using the format

  • Job applicants and for anything related to applying to work at MIT: ats-help (remember to check the FAQs first)
  • Benefits: benefits
  • Website issues (not jobs related): hrweb
  • Other or not sure: contact-hr