As a new employee or student worker on campus, you must complete Section 2 of your Form I-9 within the first 3 days of your employment at MIT.
Schedule an appointment to complete Section 2 of your Form I-9 in person:
What to know about your visit to the Atlas Service Center
Before your appointment
- You must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 prior to your appointment at the Atlas Service Center.
- If you need to reschedule, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please make sure to bring your appropriate supporting documents to your appointment.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, do not attend your appointment. Please notify us at Iemail@example.com that you cannot attend your appointment. You should also notify your supervisor.
At your appointment
- Please be on time for your appointment at the Atlas Service Center in E17-106 (map and directions).
- IMPORTANT: The front door entrance to E17 is locked. When you arrive at E17 building entrance, call 617-253-3000 to let us know you're here. Atlas staff will let you in.
- Be sure to bring your supporting documents.
- For safety reasons, do not bring any guests to your appointment. If you need an accommodation, please contact Ifirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Face coverings are optional at the Atlas Service Center. If you choose to wear a mask, you may be asked to remove it briefly for facial identification; there is a plexiglass barrier between you and the I-9 representative.
- Show your photo identification at the service desk outside of E17-106.
- You will be instructed about where to wait for the I-9 representative, based on social distancing guidelines.
- You will be called by an I-9 representative to complete your Form I-9.
- The I-9 representative will login to the system and review your completed Section 1.
- The I-9 representative will ask you to provide your original supporting documents. The representative will then complete Section 2, certify the Form I-9, and submit the Form I-9 to E-Verify.
If you are reverifying
Current employees or student workers who are working on campus and whose work authorizations are due to expire, and who are continuing employment, should follow the reverification instructions provided here.
If you are in quarantine
Current employees or student workers who are working on campus and are unable to complete in-person verification due to quarantine may have their documents verified remotely.
Please contact Iemail@example.com.