Open Enrollment for 2021 is open now through October 30, 2020.
Highlights for 2021
- Medical Plan Premiums (Rates): Each year, MIT identifies the projected rate increase for medical plans in advance of the Open Enrollment period. For calendar year 2021, MIT’s projected rate increase was determined to be 6.6% due to greater utilization, higher costs for services, and the number of high-cost individual claims that occurred from calendar year 2019 through early 2020, prior to COVID-19.
As part of the Institute’s commitment to supporting employees, MIT has made the decision to cover the 6.6% increase in costs and hold employee premiums flat, with a 0.0% increase for calendar year 2021. While there will be no increase to plan rates, the weekly rates for 2021 are calculated over 52 pay periods (vs. 53 in 2020). We hope this will provide some relief to all benefits-eligible employees as we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Fitness Reimbursement: The fitness reimbursement benefit has been enhanced to include coverage for virtual fitness classes such as the Peloton app, and online yoga and Pilates.
- Dental Plans: There will be no increase to dental plan rates in 2021.
- Vision Plan: There will be no increase to vision plan rates in 2021.
- Life Insurance Plans: There will be no increase in employee costs for optional and dependent life insurance plans in 2021.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: The Flexible Spending Account (FSA) maximums will remain the same, $2,750 for the Health Care FSA and $5,000 for the Dependent Care FSA, unless otherwise stated by the IRS.
If you wish to remain in a Health Care or Dependent Care FSA for calendar year 2021, you MUST re-enroll in coverage.
Review the MIT Benefits Brochure for 2021 to see plan information, rates, and highlights.
Open Enrollment Checklist
Consult the handy Open Enrollment checklist before visiting Atlas to complete your Open Enrollment.
Any changes you make to your benefits will become effective January 1, 2021.
All current and newly enrolled MIT Traditional Health Plan members will receive a new BCBS ID card for medical plan services and a new Express Scripts ID card for pharmacy benefits through the Rx Collaborative. MIT Traditional Health Plan participants should begin using the new cards January 1, 2021. Members who are newly enrolled in the MIT Choice or the MIT High Deductible Health Plan will also receive a BCBS ID card and an Express Scripts ID card by January 1, 2021. You must present your ID card when you see any providers in 2021 or your claims will not be processed correctly and will results in your physician's office sending you a bill.
Help and contacts
Here's how to reach the vendors for each of MIT's benefit plans, or you can contact MIT Benefits by phone or email for assistance.
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA||1-800-882-1093||Blue Cross Blue Shield|
|Delta Dental||1-800-872-0500||Delta Dental|
|Express Scripts||1-866-454-7118||Express Scripts|
|Fidelity – 401(k) Plan||1-877-MIT-SAVE|
|Fidelity – Health Savings|
|MIT Medical||1-617-253-4481||MIT Medical|
|Pension Service Center||1-855-4MITPEN|
|HealthEquity | WageWorks||1-877-924-3967||HealthEquity | WageWorks|