Open Enrollment for 2020 is now closed.
Highlights for 2020
- Medical Plan Premiums (Rates): MIT has benefited from lower medical plan premium increases for a number of years. In 2020, MIT’s medical plan rates will increase by 5.4% which is slightly lower than the national medical plan trend rates. Learn more about these plans.
- New BCBS Well Connection: MIT is introducing Well Connection, a telehealth service where you can access licensed doctors and providers for minor medical and behavioral health care services using a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a webcam – with $0 copayments.
- Dental Plans: There will be no increase to dental plan rates in 2020.
- New Rollover Max Program (Comprehensive Dental Plan Only): MIT is introducing the Rollover Max program as part of the Comprehensive Dental Plan. With Rollover Max, you won’t lose what you don’t use.
- Vision Plan: There will be no increase to vision plan rates in 2020.
- Life Insurance Plans: There will be no increase in employee costs for optional and dependent life insurance in 2020.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: The Flexible Spending Account (FSA) maximums for 2020 will be $2,700 for the Health Care FSA and $5,000 for the Dependent Care FSA, unless otherwise stated by the IRS. If you wish to remain in a Health Care or Dependent Care FSA for calendar year 2020, you MUST re-enroll in coverage.
Review the MIT Benefits Brochure for 2020 to see additional plan information, rates, and highlights.
Open Enrollment Checklist
Consult the handy Open Enrollment checklist before you go on Atlas to complete your Open Enrollment.
Any changes you make to your benefits will become effective January 1, 2020.
Rates for 2020
Current MIT Traditional Health Plan members who do not make a change will not receive a new card in 2020. Members who are newly enrolled in the MIT Traditional or the MIT Choice Plan will receive an ID card by January 1, 2020. You must present your ID card when you see any providers in 2020 or your claims will not be processed correctly and will results in your physician's office sending you a bill.
Help and contacts
Here's how to reach the vendors for each of MIT's benefit plans, or you can contact MIT Benefits by phone, email or in-person for assistance.
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA||1-800-882-1093||Blue Cross Blue Shield|
|Delta Dental||1-800-872-0500||Delta Dental|
|Express Scripts||1-866-454-7118||Express Scripts|
|Fidelity – 401(k) Plan||1-877-MIT-SAVE|
|Fidelity – Health Savings|
|MIT Medical||1-617-253-4481||MIT Medical|
|Pension Service Center||1-855-4MITPEN|