Planning for the next phase of your life? Find all the resources and programs you need here.
These web pages have been prepared especially for you. You will find essential information on medical and dental benefits and retiree life insurance plus links to other benefits.
Items to note
- Contact Payroll at 617-253-4255 if you have any questions about your last paycheck, vacation days, payment or sick time reimbursement (if allocable).
- Be aware of dates any coverage may end (e.g., Life Insurance, Dental, etc.). Be aware of the open enrollment period for making changes to Medical coverage in November.
- Obtain Retiree ID card from MIT Card Office. Contact the Association of MIT Retirees to learn about retiree activities, perks, and privileges.
- Verify your pension deposit advice for accuracy (dollar amount, benefits, etc.). Remember that you will have a 2-month deduction on your retiree benefit premiums from your first check.
- Complete COBRA paperwork, mailed to home address by WageWorks,Inc., to continue Dental and/or FSA.
- Contact Fidelity at 877-MIT-SAVE (648-7283) to initiate any type of withdrawals from the 401(k) Plan except annuity options. For annuities, contact the Benefits Office at 617-253-6151 or toll-free at (855) 253-6151.
- Make sure to update your address whenever you move to ensure checks, direct deposit advice, and tax documents are directed to your current location. If you are changing your address, please use the following contact information to update your address with each one of your carriers:
- MIT Benefits Office
Use this form for address changes
- MIT Pension Plan (also known as a Basic Retirement Plan)
Go online to https://mitpension.ehr.com or call the MIT Pension Service Center at 855-464-8736 (855-4MITPEN) between 9 am – 7 pm Eastern Time.
- MIT 401(k) Supplemental Plan
Contact Fidelity at 877-MIT-SAVE (648-7283)
- Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) or 403(b) Program
Provider Contact Fidelity (800) 343-0860 Prudential (800) 458-6333 TIAA-CREF (800) 842-2776 Vanguard (800) 523-1188
- MIT Benefits Office
Not Quite Ready?
If you are still getting ready to retire, visit our Thinking About Retiring? web page.