MIT is deeply committed to the success and growth of every employee throughout their career at MIT.
What is performance development?
Performance development is an active partnership between the managers, employees, and the Institute that enables MIT’s diverse staff to be fully engaged and reach their full potential through:
Growth in current role:
- Growth in current role and responsibilities
- Setting and updating goals and expectations
- Identifying job knowledge, skills & competencies to develop
Advancement towards future opportunities:
- Growth towards future opportunities beyond current responsibilities
- Setting goals that expand knowledge, skills, experience, and overall career
- Identifying opportunities to contribute to broader organizational needs and priorities
Enhancement of employee engagement:
- Contributing to a supportive and inclusive environment
- Engaging in ongoing performance and development converations
- Supporting individual development and career interests
- Providing opportunities for meaningful work
- Recognizing contributions and achievements
How Can I Learn More?
Through active partnership, each participant is responsible for making performance development practices as effective as possible. Learn more.
The performance review process
Performance development is an ongoing process that enables two-way conversation addressing goal setting, development planning, ongoing coaching and feedback, performance reviews and ongoing engagement.
This inclusive process fosters a supportive environment and drives the highest levels of individual, team and organizational performance in support of MIT’s mission.