MIT has many ways to recognize the exceptional contributions of staff from all parts of the Institute.
Taking the time to recognize a colleague, team member, or direct report helps to increase engagement, reduce burn-out, and provide motivation – both for them, and for you!
Recognition is a critical part of a culture where everyone feels valued and respected. You can contribute to that culture by taking advantage of the many options to recognize MIT staff through the Institute's recognition program.
Recognition Right Now
MIT Recognition supports quick opportunities for community members to recognize MIT colleagues for exceptional work, with both public and private options.
More Ways to Recognize
- Community thanks: Staff, students, faculty, and even members of the extended MIT community can share public recognition visible to all of MIT. Who has helped you or others in a positive way? Share your thanks.
- Make it personal with direct appreciation: Managers, faculty, staff, and students can generate a special message sent directly to individuals or teams to thank them for their contributions to MIT.
- Infinite Mile: Schools and organizational areas at MIT host annual Infinite Mile events to honor staff teams and individuals for significant accomplishments. Criteria for receiving the awards are determined within each DLC.
- MIT Excellence Award + Collier Medal: The MIT Excellence Awards are formal, Institute-wide awards presented at an annual ceremony and administered by central HR. The program also includes the Collier Medal.
- The MIT Staff Award for Distinction in Service: The MIT Staff Award for Distinction in Service will be given annually to a staff member at MIT whose service to the Institute results in positive lasting impact on MIT's community.