MIT offers three health plan options to retirees and subscribers under the age of 65 — the MIT Traditional and MIT Choice plans, which are available to active employees, as well as the Blue Care Elect Preferred PPO plan (not offered to active employees and described below).
Review the plan rates below to learn how much you and MIT will contribute towards the cost of your retiree health insurance.
Health Plan Options
Blue Care Elect Preferred (PPO)
2020 monthly plan rates for retirees under age 65
|MIT Traditional Health Plan||$753.00||$1,957.80|
|MIT Choice Plan||$773.00||$2,009.80|
|Blue Care Elect Preferred (PPO)||$803.00||$2,087.80|
|High Deductible Health Plan||$708.00||$1,840.80|
What you should know
- No copayments for some preventive care services as long as those services are provided by a preferred provider.
- Copayments for some outpatient services are $25.
- There is a $100 copayment for each visit to the emergency room (waived if admitted or for observation stay and regardless of whether you are in or out-of network).
- There is a $50 copayment for high-tech radiology services received by a preferred provider.
- Your clinician will be required to obtain a prior authorization for high-tech radiology and sleep management services.
This a nationwide plan designed to give you the highest level of benefits when you obtain services from preferred providers. These are called your "in-network" benefits. You can also obtain covered services from non-preferred providers, but your out-of-pocket costs are higher. These are called your "out-of-network" benefits.
For more information regarding how the Blue Care Elect Preferred (PPO) Plan works, refer to the Summary of Benefits (below).