As a new employee or student worker who is working off campus within the United States, after completing Section 1 of the I-9, you must complete Section 2 of your I-9 no later than the first 3 days of your employment at MIT.
Choose an authorized representative
- Choose an authorized representative to verify your supporting documents. This can be any responsible adult who can physically meet with you (including family members).
- Use this form to tell us about your authorized representative selection.
What you and your authorized representative will need to do
- After you have completed the form above, MIT I-9 Operations will send your authorized representative a link with instructions on how to log into the I-9 system and complete Section 2 of Form I-9.
- You will meet with your authorized representative and provide them with your original documents for review.
- Your authorized representative will log into the system to complete Section 2 of Form I-9 and attest that they have seen the original documents.
You and your department will receive notifications during your first 3 days of employment to ensure this process is completed.
Current employees or student workers who are working remotely and whose work authorizations are due to expire, and who are continuing employment, should follow the reverification instructions provided here.
Please contact Ifirstname.lastname@example.org.