MIT offers a number of options—paid and unpaid—for taking time away from work to manage personal, medical, and family issues.
Vacation, Days Off, and Institute Holidays
- Learn about vacation tracking
- See the Institute holiday schedule
Bereavement and Sabbaticals
- See MIT's policy on bereavement
- See MIT's policy on faculty sabbaticals
Family, Medical, and Disability Leaves
- Learn about MIT's Employee Leaves
- Request a Leave
- MIT Leave Policies in the Employment Policy Manual
- Tracking Sick Leave
- Workers' Compensation Leave
For help with MIT policies on vacation and other leaves, contact the Human Resources Officer assigned to your department.