MIT offers a number of options—paid and unpaid—for taking time away from work to manage personal, medical, and family issues.
Vacation, Days Off, and Institute Holidays
Bereavement and Sabbaticals
Medical & Disability Leaves
Unpaid leaves of absence
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Massachusetts Maternity Leave Act (MMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- To inquire about non-medical personal leave, contact your Human Resources Officer.
Paid leaves of absence
- Paid Leave for New Parents
- Policy on Extended Personal or Sick Leave
- Tracking Sick Leave
- Worker's Compensation Leave
For help with MIT policies on vacation and other leaves, contact the Human Resources Officer assigned to your department.