MIT values learning and growth both professionally and personally. See our opportunities to learn, discover, and chart your career at MIT.
Learn and practice new skills, problem-solve, and build your MIT network.
- LBGTQ+ 101: You Are Welcome Here | August 24
Peer Discussion Series
Discussing shared challenges and needs produces creative ideas and solutions. This discussion series taps into our collective wisdom by convening MIT staff to explore timely and important issues related to our work, our interactions, and our experiences. Participants read an assigned article, watch a video, or do some prework and come together for facilitated dialogue. The goal: generate ideas and solutions that are well suited to work in our MIT culture.
Upcoming Discussion Series topics:
- Creating Belonging within Your Team | August 18
Search Inside Yourself Program
The Search Inside Yourself Leadership Program teaches emotional intelligence skills for performance, collaboration, and effective leadership. In addition, participants will learn new skills and practical applications to reduce stress, increase resilience, develop greater self-awareness, improve communication, build empathy, and lead with compassion. Register for the 12-hour course.
Find More Courses: Visit the MIT Learning Center to browse more workshops and to sign up to be notified about upcoming courses.
Staff Career Connections Slack Workspace
Join this Slack workspace to set up informational interviews with other members to learn more about their career experiences, job fields, positions, and departments at MIT. You will also find career development news and resources. Join the conversation today.
Resources for MIT Managers
See curated research-based management tips and tools from around the web, as well as content developed specifically for MIT managers to address the challenges in managing a remote team, engaging staff, cultivating change, and more. Stop by for a quick learning experience anytime.
Coaching for Success
The Coaching for Success program is designed specifically for people managers to enable them to be more effective as coaches. The program consists of a kickoff, five half-day virtual training sessions, and approximately two half-days of work outside of the classroom, for a total commitment of eight half days over a three-month period.
Leader to Leader (L2L)
The nationally recognized Leader to Leader (L2L) Program is a year-long cohort program that provides participants with dedicated time for reflection and self-discovery, theoretical and applied learning, and dialogue with fellow MIT leaders. Applications will open on August 1. Sign up to receive a notification when the application period opens.
Managers' Feedback Program
MIT managers are invited to join this program on asking for, receiving, and using feedback to improve effectiveness and augment growth. Learn to embrace feedback with an open mind, commit to action based on it, and follow through in the spirit of continual self-improvement. Learn more about the program and register.
Monthly Managers' Roundtable
Join other MIT managers to:
- gain insight into practical approaches to address everyday management challenges;
- build and share management best practices with a peer network across MIT; and
- grow your peer manager network to support your professional and career development goals.
Each session will cover topics that are trending with MIT managers.
Take Advantage of the Tuition Assistance Plan
MIT provides tuition assistance to help you build or improve the skills you need to develop your career at MIT. Below are just a few examples of programs and courses for which you may be eligible to use your Tuition Assistance Plan benefit. Learn more about Tuition Assistance.
MIT Management Executive Education Programs
MIT Professional Education Programs
MIT Professional Education offers programs across a broad range of topic categories, levels of engagement, and time commitments. Eligible MIT employees may use their MIT Tuition Assistance Plan for online and on-campus courses.
Ready when you are! Expand your knowledge through a variety of self-directed, just-in-time learning resources. Complete individual courses that help you build or improve your skills, or work toward a professional certificate or degree.
Online learning bundles
Remote work topics
- Best Practices for Remote Meetings
- Leading Remotely
- Transitioning to Working Remotely
- WorkLife & WellBeing COVID-19 Resources
More learning bundles
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Communicating with Influence
- Conflict Management Fundamentals
- Contributing to an Inclusive Community
- Delegating for Success
- Developing the Potential of Others
- Developing Your Personal Brand
- Exploring Mentoring for Mentor & Mentee
- Giving Presentations with Confidence
- Making Meetings Work at MIT
- Managing Diversity & Inclusion
- Managing HR Policies & Practices
- Navigating Change with Strategic Agility
- Project Management
- SMART Goal Setting
See more learning bundles in the MIT Learning Center.
- EdX: Choose from over 1,300 courses from the world’s leading universities. You can use your tuition assistance benefit to cover the cost of EdX certificates that can help you build your career at MIT.
- GlobeSmart: Improve your cultural communication skills and build partnerships at MIT and beyond.
- LinkedIn Learning: Access web-based learning at a time that works for you. (Formerly Lynda.com)
- MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW): Expand your learning through access to MIT course materials and audio/video lectures
Administrative Officer/Financial Officer (AO/FO) Learning Resource
See an array of courses and resources to help you develop the skills and competencies needed to carry out financial and administrative oversight at MIT.
Our Learning Topics offer articles, tools and resources on topics like managing change, designing meetings, and more.
Creating a Culture of Respect
MIT has prioritized creating a culture of respect, inclusion, and collaboration, and many offices and staff are immersed in that effort. Learn how you can contribute.
We offer individual consultations on how to lead an organization, manage a team, engage staff who work remotely, and more. See our current consultation services.