MIT values learning and growth both professionally and personally. Find opportunities and resources to learn, discover, and chart your career at MIT.
Expand your knowledge through a variety of self-directed, just-in-time learning, tools, and resources. Complete individual courses that help you build or improve your skills, or work toward a professional certificate or degree. Remember: you can use your tuition assistance benefit to cover the cost of EdX certificates that can help you build your career at MIT. To see our full range of offerings, visit the MIT Learning Center and go to the Course Catalog.
Online learning bundles
Sample learning bundles
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Communicating with Influence
- Conflict Management Fundamentals
- Delegating for Success
- Developing the Potential of Others
- Developing Your Personal Brand
- Exploring Mentoring for Mentor & Mentee
- Giving Presentations with Confidence
- Making Meetings Work at MIT
- Managing Diversity & Inclusion
- Managing HR Policies & Practices
- Project Management
- SMART Goal Setting
See more learning bundles in the MIT Learning Center.
- EdX: Choose from over 1,300 courses from the world’s leading universities.
- GlobeSmart: Improve your cultural communication skills and build partnerships at MIT and beyond.
- LinkedIn Learning: Access web-based learning at a time that works for you. (Formerly Lynda.com)
- MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) - Expand your learning through access to MIT course materials and audio/video lectures
Administrative Officer/Financial Officer (AO/FO) Learning Resource
Provides online access to an array of courses and resources designed to develop the skills and competencies important to carrying out financial and administrative oversight at MIT.
Our Learning Topics offer articles, tools and resources on topics like managing change, designing meetings, and more.
MIT provides comprehensive career development consulting to help you think about your career and development plan at MIT.
We can consult with you virtually (via Zoom, WebEx, or similar) or by phone. Let us know what works for you. Contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment or to learn more.
MIT provides organization development consulting to support MIT’s Departments, Labs and Centers in planning strategically, managing change, building bench strength, creating an inclusive culture, and enhancing team and organizational effectiveness.
MIT offers interactive, instructor-led workshops to learn and practice new skills, problem-solve, and build your MIT network.
In accordance with Institute policies regarding Covid-19, some of our in-person seminars and workshops will be held online or rescheduled for a later date. Details will be posted here when available.
Visit the MIT Learning Center to find workshops and to sign up to be notified about upcoming courses.
MIT offers high-impact, cohort-based development programs to learn new skills, gain new insights, practice new approaches, and build a network of peers.
- MIT Administrative Assistants Program (MITAAP): Provides administrative assistants the opportunity to develop core skills and knowledge relevant to their growth and success.
- Essentials of Managing: Prepares new managers and managers new to MIT for their core responsibilities in managing people at MIT.
- Sloan Coaching for Success: Provides people managers from across the Institute with coaching frameworks and tools that can adapted to their own individual leadership approach.
- Leader to Leader (L2L): Builds MIT’s internal leadership through this nationally recognized program. MIT employees who are in positions to lead or influence people are encouraged to apply.
- The Susan Vogt Leadership Fellows Program, sponsored by the Boston Consortium for Higher Education, is a management and leadership development program designed to foster collaboration and camaraderie in the next generation of leaders in higher education.
- The English as a Second Language (ESL) Program for MIT Facilities Department Employees on campus helps employees who are not native English speakers improve their English communication skills and advance their careers.