The MIT Traditional Health Plan is a comprehensive plan designed around the services provided by MIT Medical in Cambridge and Lexington.
See our COVID-19 FAQ for updated guidance on health and dental plan benefits including telehealth options, flexible spending account changes, and more.
The plan offers convenient access to a broad range of MIT Medical services and specialties delivered by staff of more than 100 physicians, psychologists, nurses, social workers, and other health care professionals at our on-campus location.
What You Should Know
- You and any family members covered under your plan choose a primary care provider at MIT Medical. That primary care provider—or PCP—will coordinate your medical care and provide referrals as needed.
- You should review the plan rates.
- You will be charged a $10 copayment for most visits to a healthcare provider.
- You must obtain a referral from your PCP for visits to most healthcare providers.
- You can avoid the $50 copayment for high-tech imaging such as a CT scan, MRI, or PET, at Shields MRI with a referral from your PCP. If you visit any other provider for these tests, you will be required to pay the $50 high-tech imaging copay.
- Review the MIT Traditional Plan Summary of Benefits (available below)
For a list of providers and services offered at MIT Medical, please visit their website.
Need Help or Have Questions?
Visit our Health Plans overview for information on eligibility, enrollment, choosing a PCP, mental health and other services, and more. If you still have questions, see the plan contacts below.
For plan benefits or enrollment
For Traditional Health Plan billing inquiries or referrals
|617-253-5979||MIT Medical Member Services|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA||1-800-882-1093||Blue Cross Blue Shield|
|Express Scripts||1-866-454-7118||Express Scripts|
Related Documents & Forms
Return this form to MIT Benefits in NE49-5000.