Address Change for Nonactive Employees

This form may be used for address changes by all former MIT faculty and staff; all MIT and Lincoln Lab retirees; and all MIT and Lincoln Lab employees on Long Term Disability Leave.

What Does this Form Do?

This change of address form will go to MIT HR/Payroll to update your address for your health and welfare and life insurance benefits only. MIT will not update your address for your Basic Retirement Plan, 401(k) Plan or TDA benefits. You must contact your Basic Retirement Plan, 401(k) Plan or TDA benefits Plans directly if you are changing your address.

Who else to notify

Please use the following contact information to update your address with each one of your carriers, to ensure checks, direct deposit advice, and tax documents are directed to your current location:

  • MIT Basic Retirement Pension Plan
    Go online to or call the MIT Pension Service Center at 855-464-8736 (855-4MITPEN) between 9 am – 7 pm Eastern Time.
  • MIT 401(k) Supplemental Plan
    Contact Fidelity at 877-MIT-SAVE (648-7283)
  • Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) or 403(b) Program
    Fidelity (800) 343-0860
    Prudential (800) 458-6333
    TIAA-CREF (800) 842-2776
    Vanguard (800) 523-1188
  • MIT Credit Union members should notify the Credit Union in 700 Technology Square (NE48), 617-253-2845, of any personal changes.

Who May Not Use This Form?

Active MIT employees can make changes to their MIT address, home address, phone and e-mail address through the Personal Information page under About Me in Atlas, or make a name change using this form. Active Lincoln Laboratory employees should contact Lincoln Human Resources.

Department affiliation, employment status, and title cannot be updated using this form. Please contact your DLCI's Administrative Officer.

HR does not maintain any records of student employees or employees paid by MITemps. Undergraduate and graduate students (including Research and Teaching Assistants) can update their address information on WebSIS and contact the Registrar's Office, 5-119, for name changes. MITemps employees should contact their department HR representative. 

Ready to Begin?

Before you can submit an address change, we'll need to verify your identity. Please complete the fields below. If you are unable to verify your identity via this form, please contact HR/Payroll at 617-253-4255.

  • Current Verify
  • New Information
  • Complete

Verify Employee Identity