Our objective at MIT is to promote a workplace of inclusion that welcomes and supports people of varying backgrounds, different viewpoints, experience, talents, and ideas.
By respecting and valuing differences in race, gender, ethnicity, age, physical and language abilities, culture, religion, and sexual orientation, opportunities become numerous. Approaches to problem-solving and decision-making are multi-dimensional, leading to success and empowering staff to thrive and do their best work.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at MIT
The Institute is committed not only to meeting the requirements of laws, but also to creating an atmosphere of civility, collegiality, mutual respect, and inclusion that stimulates and supports all employees in their work at MIT.
Our role in Human Resources is to advance staff diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and to offer assistance in reaching the goals of affirmative action through the following themes:
- Provide resources on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Grow the network of distributed leadership across campus
- Increase the general knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Ensure a clear and consistent message and maintain the visibility of diversity and inclusion as a MIT priority
- Embed diversity and inclusion into all relevant MIT practices and processes
- Pilot tools that will enable individuals and groups to leverage diversity