Name Change Notification Form

Active employees may use this form to notify MIT of a name change.


  1. Download and print the Name Change Notification Form (below).
  2. Fill out the form, include supporting documentation, and send it to:
    MIT HR-Payroll Service Center
    600 Technology Square
    Building NE49-4097
    Cambridge, MA 02139

Supporting documentation

Valid supporting documentation includes:

  • A copy of your marriage license, or
  • A copy of your new Social Security card, or
  • A copy of your state-issued certificate of name change


After the documentation has been received by the Service Center, a notification of the name change will be sent to:

  • Human Resources (including the HR-Payroll Service Center and MIT Benefits)
  • Payroll Office
  • Medical Department
  • Medical and Retirement Benefits Carriers

Employees are responsible for notifying the Credit Union of name changes.

Who May Not Use this Form?

Students, Lincoln Laboratory employees and MITemps

  • Undergraduate and graduate students can update their names by contacting the Registrar's Office, 5-119.
  • Regular active Lincoln Laboratory Staff should contact the Lincoln Laboratory Human Resources Department.
  • MITemps employees should contact their department Administrative Officer.

Former employees

Former and nonactive employees can make changes using this form.

Address, phone and email address changes

For changes to MIT address, home address, phone and e-mail address, use the Personal Information page under About Me in Atlas.

Get the Name Change Notification Form

Download the form below.

Related Documents & Forms