For MIT to complete the I-9 form, the employee or student worker must provide the original document(s) referred to below.
- See Lists A, B, and C on the Lists of Acceptable Documents.
- Expired documents are not acceptable.
- Photocopies or scans of documents are not acceptable.
- Receipts for lost, stolen, or damaged documents may be acceptable and are valid for 90 days. Employees providing receipts are required to bring in the new original document by the end of the 90-day period and update their I-9.
- Employees who choose to submit a foreign passport/I-94 combination may be required to also provide a DS-2019, or an I-20 depending upon visa status.