The MIT Traditional Health Plan is a comprehensive plan designed around the services provided by MIT Medical in Cambridge and Lexington.
The plan offers convenient access to a broad range of MIT Medical services and specialties delivered by staff of more than 100 physicians, psychologists, nurses, social workers, and other health care professionals at our on-campus location.
What You Should Know
- You and any family members covered under your plan choose a primary care provider at MIT Medical. That primary care provider—or PCP—will coordinate your medical care and provide referrals as needed.
- You will be charged a $10 copayment for most visits to a healthcare provider.
- You must obtain a referral from your PCP for visits to most healthcare providers.
- You can avoid the $50 copayment for high-tech imaging such as a CT scan, MRI, or PET, at Shields MRI with a referral from your PCP. If you visit any other provider for these tests, you will be required to pay the $50 high-tech imaging copay.
- Review the MIT Traditional Plan Summary of Benefits (available below)
For more information visit the MIT Medical website.
MIT Traditional Health Plan members will use the same ID card for both their healthcare services and pharmacy benefits. Only new members to the plan will receive a new ID card.
Remember, you need to present your new health plan ID card the first time you visit any health care provider.