2019 Open Enrollment will take place from Monday, October 22 – Friday, November 2, 2018.
You may make benefit changes online via atlas.mit.edu between the dates of October 22, 2018 and November 2, 2018. Any changes you make to your benefits will become effective January 1, 2019.
Highlights for 2019
- Medical Plan Premiums (Rates): MIT has benefited from lower medical plan premium increases for a number of years. In 2019, MIT’s medical plan rates will increase by 5.5% which is slightly lower than the national medical plan trend rates of 6% to 7%.
- Medical Plan Copays: Copays for a medical visit will remain the same: $10 if you have a Primary Care Provider (PCP) at MIT Medical and $20 if you have a PCP within the HMO Blue New England network. Copays for prescription drugs will also remain the same for most medications.
- Dental Plans: There will be no increase to dental plan rates for the Basic and Comprehensive Plans.
- Vision Plan: There will be no increase to vision plan rates in 2019.
- Life Insurance Plans: Employee costs for optional life and dependent life will decrease in 2019.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: The Flexible Spending Account (FSA) maximums will remain the same, $2,650 for the Health Care FSA and $5,000 for the Dependent Care FSA, unless otherwise stated by the IRS. If you wish to remain in a Health Care or Dependent Care FSA for calendar year 2019, you MUST re-enroll in coverage.
Open Enrollment Checklist
Consult the handy Open Enrollment checklist before you go on Atlas to complete your Open Enrollment.
MIT is committed to ensuring that all MIT employees are healthy, secure, and enjoy a fulfilling work / life balance. Explore our exceptional roster of benefits in the 2019 benefits brochure, including a health plan comparison chart, rates and more.
Current MIT Traditional Health Plan members who do not make a change will not receive a new card in 2019. Members who are newly enrolled in the MIT Traditional or the MIT Choice Plan will receive an ID card by January 1, 2019. You must present your ID card when you see any providers in 2019 or your claims will not be processed correctly and will results in your physician's office sending you a bill.
Help and contacts
Here's how to reach the vendors for each of MIT's benefit plans, or you can contact MIT Benefits by phone, email or in-person for assistance.
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA||1-800-882-1093||Blue Cross Blue Shield|
|Delta Dental||1-800-872-0500||Delta Dental|
|Express Scripts||1-866-454-7118||Express Scripts|
|Fidelity – 401(k) Plan||1-877-MIT-SAVE|
|Fidelity – Health Savings|
|MIT Medical||1-617-253-4481||MIT Medical|
|Pension Service Center||1-855-4MITPEN|