The Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Plan is available to retirees.
The insurer, Delta Dental, handles issues related to coverage and dental services. The billing administrator, WageWorks, Inc., processes the payments you make. Retirees pay the full cost for this coverage.
Before enrolling: Compare the cost of the Retiree Dental Plan with the cost of COBRA coverage, which allows you to continue the dental coverage you had before your retirement for a period of 18 months.
How the plan works
- What's covered. Learn about the categories of dental care covered under this plan in the Retiree Dental Plan Summary of Benefits (below).
- Choosing a dentist. You receive the greatest value under this plan when you visit Delta Dental PPO dentists because they generally accept lower fees for their services. Check to see if your dentist is a member of the Delta Dental PPO or Delta Dental Premier network at www.deltadentalma.com or call (800) 872-0500.
- Period of coverage. You must enroll for the entire coverage year January 1 to December 31. Please be aware that if you cancel coverage, you will not be allowed to re-enroll at any future date.
- Your ID card. A Delta Dental ID card will be mailed to your home address if you are a new enrollee. If you do not receive it within 2-3 weeks after you enroll in the plan, contact Delta Dental Customer Service at (800) 872-0500. If you were enrolled and are re-enrolling for the upcoming year, you can continue using the same ID card for services.
|2018 Monthly Premium|
|Retiree + Spouse (or Domestic Partner)||$152.62|
The above rates depend on 10% retiree participation. If the enrollment is not at least 10% of our retiree population, the rates can be modified or the plan terminated.
How to enroll
- Complete the Retiree Delta Dental Enrollment Form (below). Leave the "Benefit Administrator Authorization" line blank — and don't forget to sign the form. Be sure to make a copy for your records.
- Make your check or money order payable to MIT Retiree Dental Plan.
- Mail application and payment to:
1155 Reliable Parkway
Chicago, IL 60686-0011
Making monthly payments
After your initial installment, WageWorks, Inc. will send you coupons to submit with your monthly payments for the remainder of the coverage year, which ends December 31. Payments are due the 10th of the month before the month of coverage. For example, payment will be due on January 10 for February's coverage. Please note that no reminder notices will be sent, and if payments are not received on time, your coverage will be terminated. Please be aware that if coverage is terminated, you will not be allowed to re-enroll at any future date.
After the initial payment that you include with your application form, you may arrange for automatic withdrawal of your monthly payments from your checking or savings account by completing and submitting an automatic payment form.
If you have questions
For questions regarding plan coverage or claims issues, contact Delta Dental's Customer Service Department at (800) 872-0500 or online at www.deltadentalma.com.
For questions regarding the enrollment process, payment status, payment amount, or about the automatic payment option, contact WageWorks, Inc. at (877) 502-6272.
For other questions, contact MIT Benefits.