Welcome to your new position. Your role is critical to the ongoing success of MIT, your department, and your team.
Human Resources has designed this website to assist you with the transition to your new leadership role. It is a supplement to our New Employees site, New Department Head Program, Life With Tenure at MIT Program and/or your local onboarding process
On this site, you will find:
- Resources, information, and contacts to help you navigate the complexity of leadership at MIT
- A list of leadership consulting services offered by HR
- Information on a range of leadership development opportunities
Whether you are new to MIT, or new to your leadership role, you might start by considering the following questions:
- What do I know and what do I wish I knew about being a successful leader at MIT?
- What are my leadership strengths and how can I leverage those within the context of my new role?
- What is my personal leadership style and how will that impact my interactions and partnerships at MIT?
See additional questions to consider as you embark in your new role.