Our annual HR professional development conference serves to inspire, develop, and engage the HR community at MIT.
Through remarks, various workshops, panel discussion, and luncheon, the People Matters Conference offers HR professionals the unique opportunity to come together to think strategically about relevant and timely HR topics, while recognizing the uniqueness of practicing HR at MIT. This year's conference theme, Building Inclusive Communities for HR Practitioners, is a timely topic that is critical to our day-to-day work, the quality of life of our MIT staff, and our ability to successfully meet MIT's mission.
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
8 am – 5 pm
Stratton Student Center (W20)
Registration is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Schedule and workshop descriptions
Get the mobile app to easily access the conference schedule, read speaker bios, and more.
Workshop participants can earn professional development credits (PDCs) for SHRM recertification. Learn more.
2019 planning committee
- Sharon Bridburg, Director of Human Resources, Office of the Vice Chancellor
- Ronnie Haas, Director of Strategic Talent Management, MIT Human Resources
- Lauren Anderson, HR Business Partner, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory
- Beatriz Cantada, Program Director, Institute Community and Equity Office
- Mary Cornacchio, Program Manager, Talent Management, Sloan School of Management
- Sonja Dagbjartsdottir, Human Resources Manager, Office of the Dean for Student Life
- Chris Frechette, Human Resources Officer, MIT Human Resources
- Elizabeth Hawley, Talent Management Coordinator, MIT Human Resources
- Maxwell Damian Madzar, Human Resources Coordinator, Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Libby Mahaffy, Diversity and Inclusion Specialist, MIT Human Resources
- Kwadwo Poku, Manager of Diversity and Inclusion, School of Architecture + Planning
- Magdalena Rieb, Administrative Officer, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Maura Rizzuto, Communications Officer, MIT Human Resources
- Diane Stacey-Wood, Human Resources Officer, MIT Human Resources