Active employees may use this form to notify MIT of a name change.
- Download and print the Name Change Notification Form (below).
- Fill out the form, include supporting documentation, and send it to:
HR-Payroll Service Center
Valid supporting documentation includes:
- A copy of your marriage license, or
- A copy of your new Social Security card
After the documentation has been received by the Service Center, a notification of the name change will be sent to:
- Human Resources (including the HR-Payroll Service Center and the Benefits Office)
- Payroll Office
- Medical Department
- Medical and Retirement Benefits Carriers
Employees are responsible for notifying the Credit Union of name changes.
Students, Lincoln Laboratory Employees and MITemps
- Undergraduate and graduate students can update their names by contacting the Registrar's Office, 5-119.
- MITemps employees should contact their department Administrative Officer.
- Regular active Lincoln Laboratory Staff should contact the Lincoln Laboratory Human Resources Department.