MIT provides comprehensive career development services to help you think about your career and development plan at MIT, including workshops and individual consulting.
MIT HR offers workshops on a variety of topics to support your career development.
The career consulting process begins with an overall exploration of your development needs and career aspirations. It continues with a plan for accomplishing short and long-term goals. Depending on the need, the consulting can focus on any of the following development topics:
- Assess skills, interests, and values
- Explore new roles and careers at MIT
- Research possibilities at MIT through informational interviewing
- Create a development plan for your current position
- Prepare for a development discussion with your manager
- Build a professional network
- Discuss options for continuing education
- Develop strategies to manage common career stage transitions at early career, mid-career, or late career and retirement
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule an appointment.
Careers Across MIT
This annual event is a great opportunity to learn about the many opportunities for professional development at MIT. It’s also an excellent networking opportunity for staff. You will meet staff who can tell you about MIT career developmentresources, and talk to MIT employees who have built their careers at the Institute.
Additional Career Development Resources
Career Development Network
This Yammer network provides an opportunity to check out relevant articles and connect with other employees, to learn more about their positions, career experiences, and to share your own.
Tuition Assistance Plan
MIT provides tuition assistance to help you build or improve the skills you need to develop your career at MIT.
MIT Young Professionals Program
The MIT Work-Life Center provides seminars, workshops and consultations that explore issues of interest to young professionals, such as managing finances and navigating life, relationships, and career.
You may also access an initial career assessment and a follow-up session to help you or a family member with career exploration and job search questions by contacting MyLifeServices.